21-7, 21-7, 21-7, 21-7, GAH!!!
I'm sorry, but I have had it up to here with Hi-Tops commercials. Every
week it's the same ad, with the same dancing girls on the bar, and that
part's fine. You have a commericial, you run it, it gets old, but
whatever, the Gerber baby is like 40 and they're still running the same
ad.
But at the end of the commercial, every week, all season long, they make a
Steelers score prediction. Two waitresses introduce themselves, push
their breasts into the camera (I honestly don't know how all four fit on
the screen), make some ridiculous pun on the opposing team's name, and
then predict a 21-7 victory. It's ALWAYS 21-7. No one scores field goals
in football I suppose. 14 point wins are ridiculously common, right?
They're creative enough to come up with a different pun every week (unless
they've already played that team, in which case they just run the previous
commercial) but not creative enough to change two numbers!?! I hate to
say it, but I'm looking forward to the season ending and not having to
hear the numbers 21-7 for a long time.

2 Comments:
At 10:31,
TallE said…
The Gerber baby might be forty, but "21-7, 21-7, 21-7, 21-7, GAH!!!" really got old the second time. Unless you were drunk; then it's funny.
At 11:35,
Fraggle said…
Not, drunk, just confused I guess. I was playing the other day with the email post option. As I'm sure you know, you can set up an email address and then post just by sending an email to that address. When it didn't seem to work, I just posted the old-fashioned way. I suppose there's just a two or three day lag in email posting.
Post a Comment
<< Home