Improvements!
Wait... the last few days... they've been... good?!?
Following a horrendous Winter League performance in which my efficiency rating was probably around .001, and a night of drinking that ended... badly... Thursday on was actually pretty good. Well, my head wasn't really in practice on Thursday, but that's to be expected. Went out with a friend for her 21st, more to keep J-Sco company than anything else, which was a good call on my part. Had a decent time aside from 80s night. May God have mercy on the souls of whoever came up with that idea.
Friday's winter league game, despite losing, was a lot of fun. It was our first good game of the season, against a strong opponent in which we stepped up, kept it close, and mostly played very well. I had a lot of fun playing for the first time in a while, perhaps because I cut a bit more than I handled. Also partially due to the fact that my ankle, which has been bothering me for a couple weeks, finally felt pretty stable. (though I'd tweak it at practice on Saturday, it was play-throughable and didn't hurt today)
Then I find out that I have interviews!! Baltimore Teaching Residency and Philly Teaching Fellowship both want me to come in for interviews! They're more like try-outs than interviews; I have to prepare a 5 minute sample lesson, participate in group discussion on a few articles I'll have to read, create a writing sample, and do a 30 minute personal interview. It's pretty intense to say the least. Still, it's a start, and I'm pretty excited about it. It's a step up from being a Pitt rejection at any rate, so that's something, right? I'll find out about the grad schools in a couple months.
I think we're right to be legitimately worried about our players' health. I keep wondering just what it is about this team that has so many of us injured so often. Why doesn't it seem like other teams have this issue? I feel like it has something to do with the urban environment, is it the turf? is it nutrition? lifestyle? what? I wish we could run a cross study with the life aspects of other good teams cross-referenced with number of injuries per year. Perhaps an RSD post collecting data would be in order... however I'm hesitant to reveal to the nation our current fragility. And I doubt we'd get a significant sample.
I wish Josh would post more. I so enjoyed Rambling Parts One and Two. Rambling Part Three will certainly be even better than the first 2 cause he must have been working on it for so long!
Following a horrendous Winter League performance in which my efficiency rating was probably around .001, and a night of drinking that ended... badly... Thursday on was actually pretty good. Well, my head wasn't really in practice on Thursday, but that's to be expected. Went out with a friend for her 21st, more to keep J-Sco company than anything else, which was a good call on my part. Had a decent time aside from 80s night. May God have mercy on the souls of whoever came up with that idea.
Friday's winter league game, despite losing, was a lot of fun. It was our first good game of the season, against a strong opponent in which we stepped up, kept it close, and mostly played very well. I had a lot of fun playing for the first time in a while, perhaps because I cut a bit more than I handled. Also partially due to the fact that my ankle, which has been bothering me for a couple weeks, finally felt pretty stable. (though I'd tweak it at practice on Saturday, it was play-throughable and didn't hurt today)
Then I find out that I have interviews!! Baltimore Teaching Residency and Philly Teaching Fellowship both want me to come in for interviews! They're more like try-outs than interviews; I have to prepare a 5 minute sample lesson, participate in group discussion on a few articles I'll have to read, create a writing sample, and do a 30 minute personal interview. It's pretty intense to say the least. Still, it's a start, and I'm pretty excited about it. It's a step up from being a Pitt rejection at any rate, so that's something, right? I'll find out about the grad schools in a couple months.
I think we're right to be legitimately worried about our players' health. I keep wondering just what it is about this team that has so many of us injured so often. Why doesn't it seem like other teams have this issue? I feel like it has something to do with the urban environment, is it the turf? is it nutrition? lifestyle? what? I wish we could run a cross study with the life aspects of other good teams cross-referenced with number of injuries per year. Perhaps an RSD post collecting data would be in order... however I'm hesitant to reveal to the nation our current fragility. And I doubt we'd get a significant sample.
I wish Josh would post more. I so enjoyed Rambling Parts One and Two. Rambling Part Three will certainly be even better than the first 2 cause he must have been working on it for so long!

1 Comments:
At 08:16,
Anonymous said…
I think Josh stopped posting because he had lurkers - people who were reading his blog without his knowledge. One of them included Billy Kieffer from Rutgers. I don't think they wanted other teams reading that.
Post a Comment
<< Home