Don't Cross The Streets, Make The Streets Cross You.

What you wanna do? I'm running through your front line.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Yeah, yeah, I know

Ok, ok, 3 months, no posting. It seems like I start every post with some line about how long it's been. Maybe I'm just a bad blogger. Oh well.

For the first time in a long while I have ultimate related material! Currently helping out the locals with their practices, using all of the Pitt and WUFF Camp knowledge that I've got. At the last practice, they tried out O and D lines for the first time, and then... THEY GOT FRUSTRATED!! It was awesome. There were turnovers and instead of hahaha, oh well, nice try! it was Damn! You gotta wait for me to get around! Don't rush that throw! They hate turnovers now. It's fantastic. I made sure to explicitly put in perspective for them; told em that the frustration is a good thing, that it shows they want to get better.

Also playing in Seattle spring league now, with and against some of the best players out there. It's definitely pushing me, but more because of being out of practice than anything else. We had a three week hiatus and I got a little shaky, threw three turnovers in a game. Fortunately we were already up big, so no big deal. It's definitely giving me confidence though, to play against people wearing the jerseys or shorts of national champions, and shutting them down on D, or getting open in or out. Do I get owned sometimes? Sure. But when I signed up for this team I was convinced I was out of my league.. Turns out I'm better than I thought (but not better than I want to be). I'm looking forward to the Sockeye/Voodoo Combine in a couple weeks and maybe trying out for Shazam.

Ok, school front. No, not school front. I'll save that for another post.. maybe sooner this time.

2 Comments:

  • At 06:24, Blogger TallE said…

    Hello Fraggle.

     
  • At 20:53, Blogger Brody said…

    I might be going to see this just to find out what you have been raving about all these years:
    http://www.coppercolorado.com/todo/events/2007-07/Trancegression+Festival.htm

     

Post a Comment

<< Home